Motherhood

I surely know that there is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood.

*
Elder Russell M. Ballard


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Remembering Christmas




 As the Christmas season begins we get so caught up in the decorations, gift giving, parties, and baking.   Elder Uchtdorf gave an excellent talk in the devotional this past Sunday that touched my heart and brought my thoughts towards Christ. I got to thinking about how many gifts Jesus Christ has and still gives us. 

Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I love all the decorations, parties, food, and gifts but I especially love the spirit that Christmas brings. When I take a minute away from all the hustle and bustle of the holiday the spirit and love of our Savior touches my heart more then anything else. I am especially thankful for all the many gifts we are given by our Savior. Thinking of his greatest gift, the atonement and his life in this world, is what makes me so grateful. Now isn't that what Christmas is all about? Mother's don't let the the hustle and bustle take the spirit of Christ out of your home, especially this time of year. It is the greatest gift you can give your family. One thing we try to do as a family, to keep the spirit in our home, each year is to choose a family we know that is less fortunate than us and anomalously give them a Christmas gift that might be beneficial to their family or bring smiles to their faces. I encourage all Mother's to make sure that there is something you do in your home each year that mimics our Savior and all the wonderful gifts he has given us.

I love you all and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Jennifer

2 comments: